[Ifeffit] Comments on the new version

Bruce Ravel bravel at anl.gov
Thu May 5 11:37:00 CDT 2005

On Thursday 05 May 2005 08:45, Gerrit Schmithals wrote:
> - The csv-file exported from Athena as two extra commas in the title
> lines so that title and data is misaligned.

OK, I'll look into it.

> - When exporting data from Artemis choosing "Save selected group as" the
> x-value column is only exported if the original dataset is also selected.

You're right.  That's broken.  Interestingly, it seems to be differently
broken in the development version.  Swell. ;-(

I'll put it on the list of things to fix.

> A tip that I can give to other users: it something seems to be wrong
> with the exported data, it is always possible to extract the correct
> data by saving the project to disc and opening it with an unzip program.

That's a good point.  The .apj files are just normal .zip files with a
different extension.  That was chosen specifically so that normal zip tools
could be used to examine the data.  My one caveat is that you should be
careful not to change anything in the zip file -- Artemis is not guaranteed to
be robust in that situation.

 Bruce Ravel  ----------------------------------- bravel at anl.gov  -or-
						  ravel at phys.washington.edu
 Environmental Research Division, Building 203, Room E-165
 Argonne National Laboratory                        phone: (1) 630 252 5033