[Ifeffit] new updates for windows

Matt Newville newville at cars.uchicago.edu
Thu May 5 11:32:53 CDT 2005

Hi Folks,

As Gerrit S mentioned earlier, there is now a new updater for
Windows that will install the latest versions of Athena,
Artemis, Diana, and Hephaestus.  In addition, there is an
upgrade of the Ifeffit library to 1.2.7... a source release will
be available soon  -- if you're interested, it's already under
 http://cars.uchicago.edu/ifeffit/src/

but I haven't updated all the web pages or sourceforge yet.

I think Bruce has discussed most of the new features in his
programs.  One thing that we should warn you about is that these
versions of Bruce's programs use a new method to make Windows
executables.  Really, this is better for many reasons, but it
currently means a noticeable lag in startup time, even before a
splash screen pops up.  We're looking into this, but please be
patient!

Thanks,