[Ifeffit] How is the path data exported?

Gerrit Schmithals schmithals at hmi.de
Tue May 3 09:30:19 CDT 2005

Hello,

I just started to use Artemis again and at the moment I am a bit
confused about the results. In one Artemis experiment I just select two
FEFF-paths and choose a "sum of paths" which produces the result shown
in the appended picture (SumOfPaths2). Shouldn't the fit be more or less
look like the sum of the two paths?

I also exported both paths as chi(k)-data and manually added them which
produced the same result as the chi(k) of the fit. But when I use more
paths I get a different result: the manually summed chi has a greater
amplitude (see chi.png). Could that be related to the fact that the fit
parameters are applied to the sum of path but not to the exported paths?

Cheers
Gerrit