[Ifeffit] Re: sigma squared

Bruce Ravel bravel at anl.gov
Thu Mar 31 16:26:18 CST 2005

On Thursday 31 March 2005 16:14, Matt Newville wrote:
> > > I have a couple of questions.  First, in Artemis, when I click on
> > > the "x" buttons to select my k- and r-ranges, the window never seems
> > > to correspond to where I clicked.  Is this a bug?
> >
> > Probably not.  The default in Artemis is use a Kaiser-Bessel window.
> > The various strange words to describe FT windows ("Kaiser-Bessel",
> > "Hanning", "Welch", and so on) refer to different functional forms for
>
> I don't understand "the window never seems to correspond to
> where I clicked".  What should happen is this (in order):
>   - you click on the [x] box to the right of a parameter
>   - you click on the plot window
>   - the 'x' (E, k, R) value of the point you clicked on
>     gets written into the entry for the parameter value
>     (to the left of the box).
>   - you re-generate the plot to have this selected value
>     take effect.
>
> Is that not what happens?  Are you saying that the wrong 'x'
> value is getting written into the parameter entry or that the
> window looks different than you think it should?

Hmmm...  I guess I jumped to the conclusion that the issue was with
the shape of the window function.  It didn't even occur to me that
Karla might have been saying that the wrong value was being plucked
from the plot into the little entry box.

If that's what's happening, then that's a serious bug that I haven't
seen before.

 Bruce Ravel  ----------------------------------- bravel at anl.gov  -or-
						  ravel at phys.washington.edu
 Environmental Research Division, Building 203, Room E-165