[Ifeffit] Hard restraints?

Matt Newville newville at cars.uchicago.edu
Fri Mar 11 09:42:49 CST 2005

Hi Bruce,

I will add a bound(x,lo_val,hi_val) function to the ifeffit
core.  It's of general use for modeling and restraints, so it
shouldn't be tied to a particular App.

I think the main issue Scott and I discussed last month was not
so much adding this or any other feature, but getting the
results distributed, especially to Windows users, in a timely
manner.  I think putting features in Artemis doesn't necessarily
help that, as no one is currently able to make Windows binaries.
In order for Windows users to have access to this feature, it
will require a new Artemis.exe.  Whether or not it also requires
a new ifeffit.dll does not seem like the limiting factor.

I read the opinion of Scott, Norbert, and all who responded by
personal emails to be that waiting several months for such an
update was not a problem.