[Ifeffit] Athena Chi file created, but nothing there

Adam Webb adamwebb at alpha.asi.ualberta.com
Fri Mar 4 15:28:12 CST 2005

Dan,

I think the problem was when you first imported the data.  When you import the
data, Athena tries to figure out what type it is.  In your case the first file
is very short and Athena probably selected XANES data.  This disables the k,q
etc since they don't apply.  Re-import your data but be sure to select mu(E)
as the Data Type in the import window.

The rest of your problems should go away.

Cheers,

Adam

> Dear mailing list --
>
>        I'm having difficulty creating a chi file.  First off I cannot
> plot my data files in k, q , etc.   The files can only be plotted in E
> or merged and plotted in k, q, etc.
>
>      Second, when I go to the file menu to create a chi(k) from the
> marked original text file, Athena won't let me.  That is to say the
> only option is create to Save Mu(E) and when I do that a file is
> created with nothing in it.
>
>      When I merge 2 data files and create a chi(k) file from that,
> again, a file is created and named, but nothing is there.  Is there
> something wrong with my data files?  I don't see any error messages.
> Let me know if you need more info.
>
>      I'll also attach my athena file.
>
>               Thanks, Dan

M. Adam Webb
Ph.D., MCIC
Alberta Synchrotron Institute (http://www.asi-cls.ca/)
8308 - 114 Street, Suite 2080
Edmonton, Alberta, T6G 2E1, Canada
Phone: (780)492-5464  Fax: (780)492-6160
Email: adam.webb at asi-cls.ca