[Ifeffit] IFEFFIT for OS X 10.4

Matt Newville newville at cars.uchicago.edu
Thu Jun 16 21:09:05 CDT 2005

Hi Ann,

OS X 10.4 uses a new version of Perl which has some trouble with
the Perl libraries that come bundled with Ifeffit.

The result seems to be that you have to build Perl/Tk for Perl
5.8.6.  Rebuilding Perl/Tk is not too difficult, if you have the
developer tools installed and have a passing familiarity with
the unix-y parts of Darwin/OS X.  The instructions at
  http://millenia.cars.aps.anl.gov/pipermail/ifeffit/2005-May/001771.html

should help.  If you try this, please let us know how it goes.

Sorry for the trouble.  I don't have Tiger installed (and won't
for at least two months, as vpn software that I need is known to
not work with Tiger) and so cannot make a binary installer for it.