[Ifeffit] odd feff6 behavior

Bruce Ravel bravel at anl.gov
Fri Jun 10 14:43:03 CDT 2005

Hi,

Here's a feff6 curiosity.  Take this atoms.inp file:

  title = TiN
  space = 225
  a =       4.24173       b =       4.24173       c =       4.24173
  core =  Ti      edge =  K       rmax =    7.0
  atoms
  ! elem   x          y          z
    Ti    0.00000    0.00000    0.00000
    N     0.50000    0.50000    0.50000

Run atoms, then run feff6l (the one that comes with Ifeffit, it's the only
version I've tried this with).  Feff ends with this error message:
    Eliminating path degeneracies...
       Plane wave chi amplitude filter   2.50%
      np, np1x=    12001   12000
    Fatal Error: at PATHSD: np > np1x

This message comes from pathsd.f, but I don't understand either the message or
the part of the code it comes from.  Does anyone else have a hint as to the
problem?

One more datum.  If you reduce rmax to 6.7 in the atoms.inp file, the problme
persists.  If you make rmax 6.6, feff6l is happy.

Thanks,

 Bruce Ravel  ----------------------------------- bravel at anl.gov  -or-
						  ravel at phys.washington.edu
 Environmental Research Division, Building 203, Room E-165
 Argonne National Laboratory                        phone: (1) 630 252 5033