[Ifeffit] Importance and Edge Step

Bruce Ravel bravel at anl.gov
Sun Jun 5 17:29:33 CDT 2005

On Sunday 05 June 2005 13:55, Gerrit Schmithals wrote:
> Supplement: In the meantime I found crystallographic data for iron
> carbide, but I was also able to produce an excellent fit with the method
> I described by merging in Athena. So I believe merging of reference
> substances in Athena can provide a quick way to simulate a mixture.

Gerrit,

That is an interesting use of the importance thing that had not occurred to
me.  It's certainly fun to see people doing things with my software that I
hadn't thought of.

You might take a look at the linear combination fitting dialog, which can be
found in the Analysis menu.  You can make arbitrary combinations of standards
as well as fit them to the data.  I have put a lot of work into that part of
Athena recently and would be glad about all the bugs that people will no
doubt find ;-)

Also, you were right about the bug in the edge step and fix step controls.  It
was a little tricky to find because it was dependent on the order in which
you clicked things.  It should be working correctly in the next release.

 Bruce Ravel  ----------------------------------- bravel at anl.gov  -or-
                                                  ravel at phys.washington.edu
 Environmental Research Division, Building 203, Room E-165