[Ifeffit] Importance and Edge Step

Barton, David (DG) DGBarton at dow.com
Thu Jun 2 13:06:19 CDT 2005

Hello,

I noticed two new features in Athena 0.8.040 and am unsure of how to use them.  The new features are "Importance" and "Edge Step".  I attempted to use the Edge Step feature by checking "Fix Step" and then entering a value, but the Edge Step always reverts back to the automated value.  However, when I use the Increase/Decrease buttons (Left/Right arrow in Edge Step window) the edge step does change, but it only changes in increments of 0.01 which is much too large for my datasets.  Is there something I am missing here?

Also, I couldn't locate Bruce's changelog for Athena so I am unsure of what the new "Importance" feature does.  Anyone used this new feature yet?

Dave

  David Barton, PhD.
  The Dow Chemical Company
  Catalysis R&D