[Ifeffit] new release of Athena, artemis, and Hephaestus

Bruce Ravel bravel at anl.gov
Sun Jul 17 11:10:26 CDT 2005

Hi everyone,

I have put a new version of the source code for my programs at
SourceForge and on my web site.  The new tarball is version 053.  Unix
and Mac OSX users can download and install the latest tarball or use
the horae_update script at any time.  A new windows update will be
coming out shortly, as will debian packages.

The biggest feature of this release is that I have retired version
0.7 of Artemis and released the development version as Artemis 0.8.
>From this point on, all development and most support for 0.7 will stop
and I will be developing and supporting 0.8.  I have said a lot about
the new features in recent months, but for those unfamiliar with all
the changes, there are links on my EXAFS software page and on the
Artemis page to a PDF file with an overview of the new features.  I
look forward to receiving comments, suggestions, and bug reports.  I
will be particularly eager to hear of any problems importing project
files from 0.7 into 0.8.  I will try to give bug reports of that sort
my speedy attention.

There are new features in Hephaestus' ion chamber and formula
utilities that I hope you will find helpful.  Athena has many new
features, including improvements to the linear combination fitting
dialog, some new plotting options, and a number of bug fixes and user
interface improvements.  The most important new feature in Athena is a
plug-in architecture for processing file types that Ifeffit is unable
to read.  I plan to describe that in a separate post to the mailing
list.

Have fun,

 Bruce Ravel  ----------------------------------- bravel at anl.gov  -or-
                                                  ravel at phys.washington.edu

 *** My cell phone number has changed.  Please ask if you need the new number

 Environmental Research Division, Building 203, Room E-165