Re: [Ifeffit] multielectron transition

Iztok.Arcon at p-ng.si Iztok.Arcon at p-ng.si
Wed Jul 13 09:21:01 CDT 2005

Dear Bruce

An example of treating  atomic absorption background including large
multielectron features in L edge spectra of Ce is given in the attached
paper. Full atomic absorption background for nearby elements Cs and Xe
can be seen in the second attached paper. Some other useful references on
this topic are given below:

J. A. Solera, J. Garcia, M. G. Proietti, Phys. Rev. B 1995, 51, 2678–2686.

A. Kodre, I. Arčon, M. Hribar, M. Štuhec, F. Villain, W. Drube, L.
Troeger, Physica B 1995,208&209, 379–380.

J. Padežnik Gomilšek, I. Kozjek Škofic, N. Bukovec, A. Kodre, Thin
Solid Films 2004, 446, 117–123.

E. Fonda, D. Andreatta, P. E. Colavita, G. Vlaic, J. Synchrotron Rad.
1999, 6, 34–42.

also some our references for atomic absorption spectra of K edge exafs:

A. Kodre, I. Arčon, J. Padežnik Gomilšek, R. Frahm
Multielectron excitations in x-ray absorption spectra of Rb and Kr
J. Phys. B: At. Mol. Opt. Phys. 35 (2002) 3497-3513

A. Kodre, I. Arčon, J. Padežnik Gomilšek, A. Mihelič
Atomic absorption background in EXAFS spectra of Rb in inter-alkaline alloys
Physica Scripta. Vol, T115, (2005) 218-220

A. Kodre, R. Prešeren, I. Arčon, J. Padeznik Gomilšek, M. Borowski,
A study of transferability of atomic background on EXAFS spectra of simple
gaseous compounds of As,
J. Synch. Radiation 8 (2001) 282-284

R. Prešeren, A. Kodre, I. Arčon, M. Borowski,
Atomic background and EXAFS of gaseous hydrides of Ge, As, Se, and Br,
J. Synch. Radiation 8 (2001) 279-281

 There are many other papers of different authors on the multielectron
photoexcitations (see references in above papers).
Additional information on multielectron photoexcitations in exafs spectra
of L and K edges of different elements and some subtraction procedures can
be found also on the dedicated web site of our group:

http://www.p-ng.si/~arcon/xas/mpe/mpe5.htm

best regards and congratulations for  well  supported  program packages
for exafs analysis.

Iztok Arcon