[Ifeffit] multielectron transition

Bruce Ravel bravel at anl.gov
Tue Jul 12 17:38:32 CDT 2005

On Tuesday 12 July 2005 11:18, QY ZML wrote:
> I am analyzing EXAFS of some rare earth systems. It is known that
> there are  multielectron transitions in these systems. So, I want to
> know how to subtract multielectron process contribution generally and
> if ATHENA has a feature to do this.  Thank you very much.

Athena does not currently have a feature for doing this.  Drat!

I would be willing to implement something empirical for doing this.  I would
like to see a discussion here on the mailing list of the merits of different
approaches.  Since I have never given this very much thought, I am not with
any strong opinions for how it should (or should not) be done.  But I can
certainly consider implementing it.

 Bruce Ravel  ----------------------------------- bravel at anl.gov  -or-
                                                  ravel at phys.washington.edu

 *** My cell phone number has changed.  Please ask if you need the new number

 Environmental Research Division, Building 203, Room E-165