[Ifeffit] compilation problem under MAC OS X

Paul Fons paul-fons at aist.go.jp
Mon Jul 11 20:04:21 CDT 2005

   I thought I would bring up the Wiki entry regarding installation
on Tiger 10.4 at (http://cars9.uchicago.edu/cgi-bin/ifeffit/faqwiz?
req=all#2.12). If there is a problem, I would like to modify the
text.  In short, I have (re)installed horae on two 10.4 systems
upgraded from 10.3 as well as on a brand spanking new dual G5.  It
works without error on each.  For the G5, I installed the new version
of Tk (as explained in the Wiki entry) and then just ran the binary
installer (as I recall).  I don't recall having any problems with the
installation and it works fine on all three machines.  Please excuse
me for mentioning the obvious, but if this a new machine with the OS
pre-installed, it is necessary to install X11 which is an optionally
install on the included installation DVD's.  Once this is installed,
download Tk (tcl is included and does not require reinstallation) and
install it, and then the binary installer for ifeffit.  I don't
recall if the binary installer has the latest version of horae and
ifeffit, but once the base installation is in place, you can upgrade
any time from terminal by typing "sudo horae_update".

Paul