[Ifeffit] compilation problem under MAC OS X

Brugger, Joel (SAM) Brugger.Joel at saugov.sa.gov.au
Mon Jul 11 18:09:57 CDT 2005

Hi,

While I had no problem following Matt's instructions to get Ifeffit working
on my desktop after upgrading to 10.4, I'm still stuggling to install
ifeffit on the new laptop. I've tried different combinations of the binary
installer  and manual compilations of Tcl/TK and horae, but I run into this
error:

%JoelG4:/Applications/Ifeffit/bin joelb$ ./hephaestus
%dyld: lazy symbol binding failed: Symbol not found: _s_copy
%  Referenced from:
/Library/Perl/5.8.6/darwin-thread-multi-2level/auto/Ifeffit/Ifeffit.bundle
%  Expected in: dynamic lookup
%
%dyld: Symbol not found: _s_copy
%  Referenced from:
/Library/Perl/5.8.6/darwin-thread-multi-2level/auto/Ifeffit/Ifeffit.bundle
%  Expected in: dynamic lookup
%
%Trace/BPT trap

Only thing I can think of at this stage is reinstalling the OS!

Thanks!

JOEL