[Ifeffit] R-factor

Alison L Costello acostell at unm.edu
Wed Jul 6 15:10:40 CDT 2005

Thanks to all for taking the time to discuss my concerns.
 To clarify, both fits were done with exactly the same
parameters. So, I believe Bruce's description (below) best
explains what is happening.  I also realize that my
R-factors are rather large compared to the norm for very
well-ordered systems.  I am, however, fitting protein data
that are characteristically not well-ordered.

Thanks again for your time, concerns, and suggestions.
 They were all much appreciated.
alison

Alison Costello
University of New Mexico