[Ifeffit] R-factor

Frenkel, Anatoly frenkel at bnl.gov
Wed Jul 6 12:55:37 CDT 2005

Victor raised a very good point. To extend his suggestion, I would find the best fit parameters by fitting the original data. Then, I would fit the back-Fourier-transformed data in the same exactly r-range as before, using the same q-range as the k-range used in the first fit. All fit parameters should be fixed to the best fit values found earlier and run the "fit" again (nothing is going to be varied). This will assure that you are varying only one factor in this comparison: the spectral content.

Anatoly