[Ifeffit] R-factor

Alison L Costello acostell at unm.edu
Wed Jul 6 10:11:47 CDT 2005

Bruce,

I've looked, and my R-factors for the back-transformed
space are not necessarily twice the value of the R-factors
for the k-space fits.  In fact, they are often quite
close.  For example, just recently I had a k-space
R-factor of 0.102 and a q-space R-factor of 0.113.  Now, I
realize those numbers are very close, but I'm afraid if I
try to publish this, then I will get criticism for the
q-space R-factors being larger.  If I can explain it, then
maybe it won't be a problem.

I do see what you're saying about the complex vs. real
function, and that definately makes sense, but they don't
differ by a factor of 2.  Hmmm.

alison