[Ifeffit] Generating single scattering paths in Artemis

Carlo U. Segre segre at iit.edu
Wed Jan 5 21:36:11 CST 2005

Scott:

I think that Anatoly's posts answer this question.  The calculation of the
overlaps requires some kind of three-dimensional environment (or the use
of the OVERLAP card which I was not familiar with and whose documentation
in the FEFF manual is a bit cryptic).  There are differences between a
single neighbor at a specific distance and a coordination shell of the
same neighbor at the same distance.

Sam's program clearly does the calculation by building a coordination
sphere while Anatoly's method lets FEFF do it automagically.  Apparently
the results are the same.

Carlo

--
Carlo U. Segre -- Professor of Physics