[Ifeffit] Generating single scattering paths in Artemis

Frenkel, Anatoly frenkel at bnl.gov
Wed Jan 5 18:19:57 CST 2005

 <<feff.inp>>
Hello Carlo et al,

FEFF6 allows to use SS cards that were specifically designed to
calculate single-scattering paths in the case the structural details are
not known, as in Carlo's case. I am attaching a working example where I
used to calculate single scattering FEFF in Cu-O in octahedral
coordination in Cu2+[H2O]6 complex. I included hydrogen in the input
file since it affects charge on oxygen, but in principle it works. Some
details are given in this article:
http://pubweb.bnl.gov/people/frenkel/HUMIC-EXAFS/est.pdf

You can run FEFF6 using attached file and note that it produces three
files, each corresponds to the single shell of Cu-O atoms. Note the use
of the OVERLAP card in the attached file, as well as the use of Bohr's
radius to work around the bug in FEFF6 that uses distances in OVERLAP as
multiples of Bohr's radius instead of Angstrems, while the units in SS
card are in Angstrems.

Regards,

Anatoly

Anatoly Frenkel, Ph.D.