[Ifeffit] Mac installer for 10.4 with horae-048

Stefano Ciurli stefano.ciurli at unibo.it
Wed Dec 14 14:58:43 CST 2005

Hi Matt,

>I just tried this on a fairly fresh OS 10.4 machine (Ifeffit had been
>installed over a year ago, when it was a 10.3 machine, and I wiped
>/Library/Perl/5.8.1 and /Applications/Ifeffit, and cleared the
>/Library/Receipt for Ifeffit....).
>
>I got the same behaviour as Stefano.

feewwwww!!!!!! I am so glad it wasn't me doing something totally silly :-)

>  It looks like everything did get
>installed this time, but that the resulting version of Ifeffit depends
>on Aquaterm.

OK

>Downloading and installing Aquaterm from the disk-image
>package from sourceforge.net was simple (though it requires a
>privileged password) and made Athena and Artemis run fine.
>
>So my immediate recommendation is to install Aquaterm from Sourceforge.
>        http://sourceforge.net/projects/aquaterm/

Great! I downloaded and installed Aquaterm and imemdiately things are fine.
Thanks a lot!
Stefano

PS: I hope you will have the time and patience to respond to the
question of how IFEFFIT calculates Nidp, and by consequence how it
converts chi^2 to reduced-chi^2...

It's 10 pm here in Italy and I quit for the day. Have a nice day or
night wherever you are.
Stefano

Stefano Ciurli
Professor of Chemistry
Laboratory of Bioinorganic Chemistry
Department of Agro-Environmental Science and Technology
University of Bologna
Viale Giuseppe Fanin, 40
I-40127 Bologna
Italy
Phone:	+39-051-209-6204
Fax:	+39-051-209-6203

"Fatti non foste a viver come bruti,
ma per seguir virtute e canoscenza"
Dante Alighieri - Inferno - Canto XXVI

"Ihr seid bestimmt, nicht Tieren gleich zu leben,
Nein, Tugend zu erringen und Erkenntnis"
"Ye were not form'd to live the life of brutes,
But virtue to pursue and knowledge high"