[Ifeffit] Mac installer for 10.4 with horae-048

Matt Newville newville at cars.uchicago.edu
Wed Dec 14 12:50:55 CST 2005

Stefano, Paul,

I just tried this on a fairly fresh OS 10.4 machine (Ifeffit had been
installed over a year ago, when it was a 10.3 machine, and I wiped
/Library/Perl/5.8.1 and /Applications/Ifeffit, and cleared the
/Library/Receipt for Ifeffit....).

I got the same behaviour as Stefano.  It looks like everything did get
installed this time, but that the resulting version of Ifeffit depends
on Aquaterm.  Downloading and installing Aquaterm from the disk-image
package from sourceforge.net was simple (though it requires a
privileged password) and made Athena and Artemis run fine.

So my immediate recommendation is to install Aquaterm from Sourceforge.
       http://sourceforge.net/projects/aquaterm/

--Matt

PS: We should probably also figure out how to not depend on  Aquaterm,
but telling people they need Aquaterm as well as X11.app seems simple
enough.