[Ifeffit] Athena 0.8.046 and the "%" character

Bruce Ravel bravel at anl.gov
Wed Dec 14 08:15:28 CST 2005

On Wednesday 14 December 2005 05:35, Mauro Rovezzi wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I've just noticed a strange behaviour in Athena. Please, let me know if you
> can reproduce this "error":
>
> - Open a project with two mu(E)
> - Merge them in chi(k) [noise weighted]
> - Rename the "merge" group in "something%something_else"
> - Save the new group as chi(k)
> - Save the project
>
> Well:
>
> 1. The generated .chi file contains nothing
> 2. Artemis fails to open the chi(k) from the Athena project (trapping an
> error and showing nothing).
> 3. Re-doing everything *without the "%" character, works!*

Thanks Mauro,

That was indeed a bug, but it was one of my favorite kinds -- easy to
fix!  This'll be fixed in the next release, until then you seem to
have divined the work-around ;-)

 Molecular Environmental Science Group, Building 203, Room E-165
 MRCAT, Sector 10, Advance Photon Source, Building 433, Room B007

 My homepage:    http://cars9.uchicago.edu/~ravel
 EXAFS software: http://cars9.uchicago.edu/~ravel/software/