[Ifeffit] Mac installer for 10.4 with horae-048

Stefano Ciurli stefano.ciurli at unibo.it
Tue Dec 13 02:04:30 CST 2005

Paul,

I think that the problem is with the installer. Here is what happens
CONSISTENTLY:

1) I start with Ifeffit 1.2.7 and horae-058, and everything is smooth.
2) I download the ifeffit-1.2.8_Mac10.4.dmg file from Sourceforge and
run the Installer
3) After that, when I launch athena from the command line I get the message:

4) The situation is reverted by deleting the /Applications/Ifeffit
folder AND the /Library/Perl folder) and copying the same folders
from a backup I always keep (lucky me)
5) after that, I go back to Ifeffit 1.2.7 and horae-058 and
everything works again

I hope this helps you making a working installer for 10.4 :-)
Stefano

Stefano Ciurli
Professor of Chemistry
Laboratory of Bioinorganic Chemistry
Department of Agro-Environmental Science and Technology
University of Bologna
Viale Giuseppe Fanin, 40
I-40127 Bologna
Italy
Phone:	+39-051-209-6204
Fax:	+39-051-209-6203

"Fatti non foste a viver come bruti,
ma per seguir virtute e canoscenza"
Dante Alighieri - Inferno - Canto XXVI

"Ihr seid bestimmt, nicht Tieren gleich zu leben,
Nein, Tugend zu erringen und Erkenntnis"
"Ye were not form'd to live the life of brutes,
But virtue to pursue and knowledge high"