[Ifeffit] Mac installer for 10.4 with horae-048

Matt Newville newville at cars.uchicago.edu
Thu Dec 1 15:53:47 CST 2005

Stefano,

You should NOT need to compile perl/Tk  -- it should be included in
the installer.  You had a working system that somehow got corrupted
(though  I do not understand how that happened, as a horae_update
should have done absolutely nothing).  How did you originally get
Ifeffit installed on your OSX system?

Bruce wrote:
> On a similar topic, I see that IfeffitOnMacintosh on the wiki points to a page that hasn't
> been written yet.

Maybe Stefano or Paul will fill this in.  The discussion of how to
install Ifeffit+horae on OSX10.4 has been discussed several times on
this mailing list in 2005.   Several people were able to use the 10.3
installer, fink installed g77, and compile all the perl modules
themselves.

The installer is supposed to avoid all that.  I don't know what's in
the 10.4 installer.  We should wait to hear from Paul.