[Ifeffit] Ifeffit Wiki

Matt Newville newville at cars.uchicago.edu
Wed Aug 31 17:22:48 CDT 2005

Hi Folks,

I've created and started a wiki for Ifeffit and related topics.
Currently, this is at
  http://cars9.uchicago.edu/iffwiki

At this point, this should be considered experimental.  I'm
still ambivalent about the whole thing, but we definitely need
*something* to allow outside people to add content.  Please feel
free to play with this wiki, and let me know what you think.

If this is something we decide we want to keep, I'll have this
become part of the main set of Ifeffit and XAFS pages.  I'd like
to give it a trial run first, and hear some feedback.

For those who aren't familar with wikis, these are set of web
pages that are editable and expandable by users.  There are all
sorts of features for adding content -- too many to explain
here.  The basic idea is that you log onto the system, and edit
the web pages using a web browser in a simplified structured
text -- NOT directly editing HTML. Anyway, it's pretty easy to
use, and there's plenty of documentation on how to use it.