[Ifeffit] Fitting an Extended R-range

Scott Calvin scalvin at mail.slc.edu
Mon Aug 29 22:03:15 CDT 2005

Shelly wrote:

>I was hoping that you could help me put together a list of EXAFS papers
that fit the R-space data out to at least 5 Angstroms.

Hi Shelly,

Here's a list I cobbled together:

“Estimating crystallite size in polydispersed samples using EXAFS,” S.
Calvin, C. J. Riedel, E. E. Carpenter, S. A. Morrison, R. M. Stroud, & V.
G. Harris, Physica Scripta (in press).

“Determination of crystallite size in a magnetic nanocomposite using
extended x-ray absorption fine structure,” S. Calvin, M. M. Miller, R.
Goswami, S.-F. Cheng, S. P. Mulvaney, L. J. Whitman, & V. G. Harris, J.
Appl. Phys. 94, 778 (2003).

“Use of multiple-edge refinement of extended x-ray absorption fine
structure to determine site occupancy in mixed ferrite nanoparticles,” S.
Calvin, E. E. Carpenter, V. G. Harris, & S. A. Morrison, Appl. Phys. Lett.
81, 3828 (2002).

“Multi-edge refinement of extended x-ray absorption fine structure of
manganese zinc ferrite nanoparticles,” S. Calvin, E. E. Carpenter, B.
Ravel, V. G. Harris, & S. A. Morrison, Phys. Rev. B 66, art no. 224405 (2002).

A. I. Frenkel, C. W. Hills, and R. G. Nuzzo,  J. Phys. Chem. B 105, 12689
(2001).

M. S. Nashner, A. I. Frenkel, D. L. Adler, J. R. Shapley, and R. G. Nuzzo,
J. Am. Chem. Soc. 119, 7760 (1997).

Here's two more that I'm not sure about...I couldn't find copies handy, but
I'd guess based on the context in which I cited them that they also qualify:

R. B. Greegor and F. W. Lytle, J. Catal. 63, 476 (1980).

I. Arcon, A. Tuel, A. Kodre, G. Martin, and A. Barbier, J. Synch. Rad.. 8,
575 (2001).

Hope that helps.

--Scott Calvin
Sarah Lawrence College