[Ifeffit] A basic question about data collection

scalvin at slc.edu scalvin at slc.edu
Thu Aug 25 16:07:45 CDT 2005

Aha! So the reason I was taught to collect at k-space intervals of 0.05
A^-1 to avoid interpolation problems, NOT for the reason I thought at the
time. And since I've basically made a career so far out of concentrated
samples, it's been OK. But as long as I'm willing to throw in a binning
step, I'd use beam time more efficiently if I collected more closely
spaced data at high-k and less at low-k than I currently do. Or I can just
increase collection times at high k's relative to low k's.

Thanks, Matt, that clears things up!

--Scott Calvin
Sarah Lawrence College