[Ifeffit] Bug report

Bruce Ravel ravel at phys.washington.edu
Wed Aug 10 18:20:23 CDT 2005

On Sunday 07 August 2005 21:19, Scott Calvin wrote:
> This one is easy to see; even the plain vanilla copper project will do it.
> Basically, restoring a fit model tends to take subsequent journal entries
> with it. That is not how a journal should work--if I try five fits and take
> notes along the way, and then decide to return to the second fit, the notes
> I've written since the second fit (including, say, the formula for the
> potion which will allow cats to recite Shakespeare) shouldn't vanish.

I'm normally not much of a cat person, but I want to meet *your* cats.

This is a good point.  I currently treat the journal as part of the data
associated with a fit.  As you point out, the journal should be associated
with the project as a whole.  I'll put fixing this high on the to do list.

Thanks,

 Bruce Ravel  ----------------------------------- bravel at anl.gov  -or-
                                                  ravel at phys.washington.edu
 Environmental Research Division, Bldg 203, Room E165
 Argonne National Laboratory                        phone: (1) 630 252 5033