[Ifeffit] problem with the new version of athena

Bruce Ravel bravel at anl.gov
Thu Aug 4 10:36:55 CDT 2005

On Thursday 04 August 2005 10:06, Matt Newville wrote:
> Hi Li,
>
> Yes, other people have had similar problems....
>
> As you noticed, re-installing is probably not the issue.  Did
> you try looking for and deleting PAR-* directories under your
> Document and Settings folder?
>
> --Matt
>
> On Wed, 3 Aug 2005, li yang wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > I am also experiencing the similar problem. But
> > instead  of Athena, Hephaestus doesn't run at all
> > after I updated my IFEFFIT 1.2.6 to 1.2.7. I
> > reinstalled the program several times but still
> > experienced the same problem. Anyone has similar
> > problems?

This post from about 6 weeks ago is relevant to the current thread:

  http://millenia.cars.aps.anl.gov/pipermail/ifeffit/2005-June/001815.html

Given how many people are having trouble with the new way of building windows
executables (using PAR), I am considering going back to using PerlApp.

Any substantive suggestions or offers of help from the Windows-using portion
of the Ifeffit community would be welcome.

 Bruce Ravel  ----------------------------------- bravel at anl.gov  -or-
                                                  ravel at phys.washington.edu

 *** My cell phone number has changed.  Please ask if you need the new number

 Environmental Research Division, Building 203, Room E-165