[Ifeffit] new release of Athena, Artemis, and Hephaestus

Bruce Ravel bravel at anl.gov
Tue Apr 26 11:46:49 CDT 2005

On Tuesday 26 April 2005 11:31, Matt Newville wrote:
> I had the same experience with the new horae_update not working
> for me this morning.  This did not work on either Mac OS X or
> linux for me.  On both systems, the downloaded file
> horae-05.tar.gz was an html file, which choked horae_update.

Well, I just examined the updater to figure out that bug and it turned out to
be an embarrassingly silly bug.

This should work:
  http://leonardo.phys.washington.edu/~ravel/software/packages/horae_update

> I had to delete this, download the tar.gz file by hand and then
> run the usual perl Makefile.PL ;make ; make install.

Well, that will certainly work.  That is all the updater script tries to do,
after all.

> On Mac OS X, I also get the same error with athena, though
> hephaestus, artemis, and diana all start up OK.  And athena
> started ok for me on linux.

All useful information.  I am working on a solution.

Thanks, guys,

 Bruce Ravel  ----------------------------------- bravel at anl.gov  -or-
						  ravel at phys.washington.edu
 Environmental Research Division, Building 203, Room E-165
 Argonne National Laboratory                        phone: (1) 630 252 5033