[Ifeffit] this time for sure!

Bruce Ravel bravel at anl.gov
Mon Apr 25 20:42:06 CDT 2005

Hi!

I just uploaded release 050 of the source code tarball for Athena, Artemis,
and Hephaestus to SourceForge and my web site.  This version fixes some
problems related to perl/Tk 804 that surfaced after the previous release two
days ago.  I think that this version should work well.  I'm keeping my
fingers crossed!

Unfortunately, the horae_updater script that you linux and Mac users have on
your computers will not work due to some changes at SourceForge.  Grrrr!  You
can grab an updated version of the updater here:
  http://leonardo.phys.washington.edu/~ravel/software/packages/horae_update
That version should work around the new changes at SF.

I built and tested the codes on Windows today.  I am using a new system for
building Windows executables.  Athena and Artemis worked fine, but there was
a problem with Hephaestus.  Hopefully I'll get that problem solved and a new
Windows updater will become available soon.

I'm really excited about this release -- Athena has seen lots of improvements
and the development version of Artemis is almost ready for widespread use --
so I am eager to get over these hurdles.

Regards,

 Bruce Ravel  ----------------------------------- bravel at anl.gov  -or-
                                                  ravel at phys.washington.edu
 Environmental Research Division, Building 203, Room E-165