[Ifeffit] Estimation of Pt and Au particle size

Barton, David (DG) DGBarton at dow.com
Tue Apr 19 07:47:30 CDT 2005

Ifeffit Community:

Over the past year or so I have seen several discussions of estimation of metal cluster size (collections of several to hundreds of metal atoms) using coordination numbers derived from EXAFS fitting.  I was wondering if anyone on the list would be willing to share an example of their Artemis project file where this analysis was done successfully for Pt and/or Au particle sizes.  As a first pass I am just interested in roughly estimating an average particle size with future considerations for estimations of particle size distributions if data quality and theory allows.

Thanks in advance to anyone willing to share their project files.  Given the number of experts in the field reading this list it just seemed to make sense to build upon the back giants.

Regards,
Dave
  David Barton, PhD.
  The Dow Chemical Company