[Ifeffit] Re: sigma squared

Michel Schlegel michel.schlegel at cea.fr
Fri Apr 1 01:51:26 CST 2005

Hello everybody,

>Yes, and when I regenerate the plot, a window pops up to show what range
>I picked, right?  This window does not intersect at 0 on the Xs I
>picked.  I believe the correct x values are written.

I guess I have already seen that and I think it is related to the way the
edges of the window are calculated. Basically, if you choose a Hamming
window, set a k-range from, say, kmin to kmax, and a dk window smoothness
dk, you would notice that the window starts at kmin -dk/2, increases up to
kmin+dk/2, remains flat up to kmax-dk/2, and then cancels at kmax+dk/2. So,
basically, the limits for this window are kmin-dk/2 and kmax+dk/2. NOw, it
seems that Ifeffit is calculating these limits for *any* window.

Incidentally, there's another bug that I observed many times with
Artemis0.7.12 running on Win2000 (sorry Bruce!): when I perform a
multi-spectrum fitting and when I set the width of the back-fourier
transform window for the first spectrum, that window is reproduced for all
subsequent FTs, whatever the actual R-range I choose for these FTs
(example: R-range for EXAFS_1 is 1-3 Å (dk = 0 to avoid the problems at the
limits), R-range for EXAFS_2 is 1-4 Å; the window ploted all along the FT
for EXAFS_2 is 1-3 Å).
Because I ususally use the same R-ranges for multispectral fitting, I
didn't care much, but I guess this could be a problem in the future (i.e.,
what actual R-range is used for EXAFS_2?...)

Best regards,

Michel Schlegel
--
Michel Schlegel