[Ifeffit] Project files and fits

Stefano Ciurli stefano.ciurli at unibo.it
Thu Sep 9 16:24:02 CDT 2004

Hi Bruce,
back from France...

>I am not 100% sure I followed that, but I think one of my planned
>features in the current development branch will address this.  I plan
>to be able to restore prior fitting models.
>
>This means that you can start a project, do some fits and have the
>results from those fits saved in the project.  Then you can try
>something very different for a while and have those fitting results
>saved.  Then, if you decide to abandon the second approach, you can
>click on one of the earlier fits, tell Artemis to restore that
>fitting model, and carry on from there.
>
>That will not completely alleviate the issue with parameter management
>that you mention, but it will make it possible to try a variety of
>fitting models within one project.

OK. Thanks! Parameter management could be a significant improvement
(in addition to the many things you plan and magically realize!)
Ciao,
Stefano

Stefano Ciurli
Professor of Chemistry
Department of Agro-Environmental Science and Technology
University of Bologna
Viale Giuseppe Fanin, 40
I-40127 Bologna
Italy
Phone:	+39-051-209-6204
Fax:	+39-051-209-6203

"Fatti non foste a viver come bruti,
ma per seguir virtute e canoscenza"
Dante Alighieri - Inferno - Canto XXVI

"Ihr seid bestimmt, nicht Tieren gleich zu leben,
Nein, Tugend zu erringen und Erkenntnis"
"Ye were not form'd to live the life of brutes,
But virtue to pursue and knowledge high"