[Ifeffit] Artemis bug?

Scott Calvin SCalvin at slc.edu
Tue Oct 26 17:15:50 CDT 2004

Hi Bruce,

I seem to be encountering a bug in adding paths to a FEFF calculation
with Artemis. To see this bug, follow these steps:

1) open the Artemis project that comes with the distribution under
ifeffit/examples/Artemis/ybco/cu.apj (that's the YBCO copper edge
project)

2) Discard a path (#4 is what I just tried) under the FEFF1
calculation. Make sure it's the one under FEFF1, and not FEFF0.

3) Click on FEFF1 under the Data & Paths pane, so that the
interpretation of that calculation shows. Right click on path 4 in
the interpretation, and choose "Add feff0004.dat to path list."

When I do this, it adds to the FEFF0 calculation, rather than the
FEFF1 calculation as it should.

Or, try this instead for step 3:

3) Click on FEFF1 under the Data & Paths pane. Go to the "theory"
menu at the top, and choose "Add a feff path." Then select
feff0004.dat from the list.

When I do it this way, it ends up as a totally new FEFF calculation,
rather than as part of FEFF1.

I am using Windows XP and Artemis 0.7.010.

--Scott Calvin
Sarah Lawrence College

P.S. Do you prefer me to identify bugs the way I did here, by telling
you how to reproduce it using an example file, or by sending you a
project file myself? It makes sense to me that I refer it to an
example file that you more or less know the history of, but if you'd
rather I send project files myself, I'm happy to do that.