[Ifeffit] Re: Ifeffit Digest, Vol 20, Issue 11

Matt Newville newville at cars.uchicago.edu
Wed Oct 13 11:57:47 CDT 2004

Hi Michel,

> However, what makes me more puzzeling is that I don't obtain the
> same results (using of course all the same parameters) from
> Artemis compared to those I have found using Feffit in command
> line (Unix version).

Like Carlo says, this has been discussed some.  There are small
differences between the fitting in Ifeffit and Feffit.  For one
thing, Ifeffit is completely double precision, which can
definitely lead to small numerical differences.  I believe these
should be within the error bars for almost all cases.

There might be a few cases where the differences are significant.
If that's the case, could you send an example??

Thanks,