[Ifeffit] Athena bug?

Carlo U. Segre segre at iit.edu
Thu Oct 7 10:15:37 CDT 2004

Bruce, Norbert:

I tried to duplicate norbert's error with version 044 of horae.  I used a
multielement detector file frm MR-CAT and I noticed no problems or errors.

I also tried Norbert's file and I noticed a couple of things.

1. Athena cannot find the column titles.  In the MR-CAT data file, there
is no problem with this.  I tried removing the "#L " at the front of the
title line in Norbert's file but still the titles cannot be parsed.

2. The first time I try to import the file, I have no errors apart form
the warning that the data is not in order and must be sorted (the first
line is the culprit).  If I try to import the same file, the error occurs
and the channel selection box is badly deformed (most buttons are missing
and only 3 channels are noted).

3. I removed the out of order line (the first data line) and the imports
worked fine more than once.  There are still no titles.

It looks like there are two issues here.  One is that the out of order
first line somehow messes up some internal variables in the program.  In
the past the "sort data" function seemed to work fine.

The second issue is that Norbert's file is not compatible with Athena's
parsing of column titles.  I really don't know what the parameters are
here so I can't say what the problem is but I will try to compare the
MR-CAT multilelment files with this one to see what is going on.

Norbert, it looks like you can prvent problems temporarily by jsut
deleting the first data line.

Carlo

--
Carlo U. Segre -- Professor of Physics