[Ifeffit] Is artemis running on G5 Mac,

Paul Fons paul-fons at aist.go.jp
Mon Oct 4 20:34:13 CDT 2004

   Actually, although I don't remember the details, I do remember having
some sort of problems with the installer version of artemis.  As Bruce
released a new version fairly quickly (now quite a long time ago),
horae_update solved the problem.  Perhaps it would be a good idea to
suggest to remind users they can update to the latest version of horae
automagically using the command "sudo horae_update" on the download web
page.

  I have done multiple shell, even multiple edge fits with the newest
version of artemis (0.7.010) without any problem.

							Paul
On 2004/10/03, at 12:22, Matt Newville wrote:

> Michel, David,
>
> Have either of you tried upgrading Artemis using horae_update?  I
> don't know that it will help, but it might....
>
> The message Michel sent looks like a Perl error that wouldn't be
> processor dependent, so I'm not sure what's going on.  All I can
> say is that Artemis works for me on a G4.  I'm perfectly willing
> to believe that my system has something different from or not
> included in the dmg (I try hard for this to not happen, but
> realize that 'works for me' is not always sufficient).
>
> Can anyone else using a Mac report on how Artemis works for them?
> Thanks,
>
> --Matt

Dr. Paul Fons
Senior Researcher
National Institute for Advanced Industrial Science & Technology
METI
Center for Applied Near-Field Optics Research (CANFOR)
AIST Central 4, Higashi 1-1-1
Tsukuba, Ibaraki JAPAN 305-8568

tel. +81-298-61-5636
fax. +81-298-61-2939