[Ifeffit] formula checking

Scott Calvin scalvin at slc.edu
Wed Nov 17 12:06:19 CST 2004

Hi Matt, Bruce, etc.,

I think Matt's suggestion is a very good one. In the past, I have
occasionally run into problems where Ifeffit flags a problem but Artemis
doesn't check for the particular flag. Since when I'm rolling along using
Artemis I don't alsays inspect the Iffefit messages, I didn't realize
anything funny has happened immediately...it wasn't until I realized the
fit didn't make sense that I checked if Ifeffit had correctly identified a
typo or whatever. I've always alerted Bruce when these things have come up,
and he's incorporated them into new releases, but it would be very good if
Ifeffit had a couple of generic warning flags that Artemis could grab on to
and thus prominently alert the user that something went wrong...

--Scott Calvin
Sarah Lawrence College