[Ifeffit] formula checking

Bruce Ravel ravel at phys.washington.edu
Mon Nov 15 07:28:44 CST 2004

On Monday 15 November 2004 1:56 am, Peter Southon wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I've got a quick question about the checking of formulas. I mistakenly
> typed "//" instead of "/" into several 'def' commands in my model.
> Unfortunately it took me a long time to find the mistake, since it was a
> complex model and by some fluke the equation gave almost (but not quite)
> the expected value. Since "//" doesn't seem to be a valid Ifeffit operator,
> why didn't either Ifeffit or Artemis pick it up?

I can't speak for Ifeffit, but Artemis is only as smart as I am -- and
that's not very smart!

A check for the string "//" is easy enough.  I'll put it on the todo
list.  Any other little typos that you can think of that Artemis
should be aware of?

 Bruce Ravel  ----------------------------------- ravel at phys.washington.edu
 Code 6134, Building 3, Room 405
 Naval Research Laboratory                          phone: (1) 202 767 2268
 Washington DC 20375, USA                             fax: (1) 202 767 4642

 Beamlines X11a, X11b, X23b
 National Synchrotron Light Source