[Ifeffit] IFEFFIT: Writing more than 16 arrays with write_data()

Matt Newville newville at cars.uchicago.edu
Wed Nov 3 19:44:25 CST 2004

Hi Norbert,

(Replying to the whole group this time....)

On Wed, 3 Nov 2004, Norbert Weiher wrote:

> Matt,
>
> I was just discussing with Bruce about exporting more than 15 sets with the
> write_data() command. I am doing fits with lots of paths and like to have it
> exported to one file... would it be difficult to increase the number of
> arrays exportable by this command above 16 in IFEFFIT?

It would not be difficult, and the current limit is definitely too
low.  I think it's a two line fix. But there will still be a
finite limit of number of arrays.  So: is 100 arrays enough?  Do
you need a fixed source kit or dll? And how quickly?

This doesn't seem like a full release change to me. I haven't made
any source changes to the stable distribution since July.  So a
question for Bruce and everyone else: Are there any other bug
reports or suggestions for changes to the core?