[Ifeffit] Problem exporting fit data with ARTEMIS

Bruce Ravel ravel at phys.washington.edu
Tue Nov 2 14:59:56 CST 2004

On Friday 29 October 2004 8:05 am, Norbert Weiher wrote:
> I did a multi-dataset fit (9 data sets) and had the following problem: When
> trying to export all the fits to a single file (using save marked groups
> as), I got an empty file and artemis trapped a warning like the following.
> For sake of reproducing, I attached the file. My Tk version is the one
> which we should use (i.e. not the newest one) and saving just the
> experimental data in just the same fashion works... Any ideas why this
> happens?

Hi Norbert,

I see the problem and will fix it in the next release.  The problem
arises only when a fit, background, or residual entry in the data and
paths list is anchored (i.e. when one of those is the one which is
surrounded by the dashed line).  That's great because it means there
is a simple work-around.  You can do either of these:
  1. Anchor a data set, a path, or even the GDS page by clicking on it
     with the middle mouse button.  This will anchor (i.,e. surround
     with dashes) but not select (i.e. highlight in orange) the thing
     you middle-click on.
or
  2. Simple add a data set to the groups of selected paths by clicking
     on it *before* control-clicking on all the fits.  Note that this
     is essentially the same thing in that it anchors on the data and
     not on the fit.

In any case, it'll be fixed in the next release.

Thanks,

 Bruce Ravel  ----------------------------------- ravel at phys.washington.edu
 Code 6134, Building 3, Room 405
 Naval Research Laboratory                          phone: (1) 202 767 2268
 Washington DC 20375, USA                             fax: (1) 202 767 4642

 Beamlines X11a, X11b, X23b
 National Synchrotron Light Source