[Ifeffit] Autobk parameters

Stefano Ciurli stefano.ciurli at unibo.it
Wed May 26 08:25:38 CDT 2004

Hi folks,

guess what, another question...

I would like to estimate the area of a small pre-edge peak in a
Nickel spectrum. It is known that the area of this peak, compared to
the XANES, is correlated to the degree of symmetry for the Ni(II)
ion. I tried to use the peak fitting procedure implemented in Athena,
but unsuccessfully. If I limit the fitting region to close to the
pre-edge peak, and use either gaussian or lorentzian lineshape, the
fitting is bad, really bad (shift of the fitted maximum, wrong
linewidth). Maybe the peak is just too small. If I try to fit the
entire XANES in addition to this small peak, I get very good fit for
the XANES features, but negative intensities for the pre-edge peak.
Any clues?

Stefano

Stefano Ciurli
Professor of Chemistry
Department of Agro-Environmental Science and Technology
University of Bologna
Viale Giuseppe Fanin, 40
I-40127 Bologna
Italy