[Ifeffit] [help] ifeffit -i = segmentation fault *FIXED*

Bruce Ravel ravel at phys.washington.edu
Tue May 25 08:28:51 CDT 2004

On Tuesday 25 May 2004 02:00 am, mauro at rulp.org wrote:
> Sorry for annoying you with my "distribution" problems.

Don't apologize.  The purpose of the mailing list is so that people
can consult community wisdom to solve a problem.  From the perspective
of a developer, the worst thing that can happen is for someone to give
up in frustration.  I do all this work, after all, so that people will
*use* the codes.

> On the other hand, I would like to propose an upgrade in the
> "horae_update" script, that is supporting proxy server to fetch
> upgrades.

Great idea.  I just took a look at the documentation for perl's LWP
package (which is what horae_update uses to make its http requests).
Although proxy servers seem to be supported, it is unclear to me how
it works.

Are you will to be my tester, Mauro?

 Bruce Ravel  ----------------------------------- ravel at phys.washington.edu
 Code 6134, Building 3, Room 405
 Naval Research Laboratory                          phone: (1) 202 767 2268
 Washington DC 20375, USA                             fax: (1) 202 767 4642

 Beamlines X11a, X11b, X23b
 National Synchrotron Light Source