[Ifeffit] [help] ifeffit -i = segmentation fault

Carlo U. Segre segre at iit.edu
Mon May 24 14:23:41 CDT 2004

You are using a tarball installation obviously.  I have now gotten my
hands on a testing machine and I will rebuild the packages for testing
too.  Hopefully this will be done by this evening.

Carlo

On Mon, 24 May 2004, mauro at rulp.org wrote:

>On Mon, May 24, 2004 at 01:46:29PM -0400, Bruce Ravel wrote:
>>
>> Mauro,
>>
>> It is not clear to me why you needed to recompile everything else just
>> because you downgraded perl/Tk.  (If the problem is failed
>> dependencies in the .deb files, perhaps Carlo could be persuaded to
>> set the dependencies such that 800.024 is acceptable -- which it is).
>
>Because I got many errors from Athena and Artemis, so I decided to "clean".
>This was a bad idea... I know.
>
>> Problems like this usually all lall in the same category -- version
>> conflict.  Use commands like "which", "whereis" and "locate" to try to
>> figure out if you have multiple versions either of the ifeffit
>> executable or the ifeffit library.  My guess is that the new
>> executable is trying to dynamically link to an old library, or vice
>> versa.
>
>They only tell me that ifeffit is installed in /usr/local
>

>--
>  Mauro Rovezzi <mauro at rulp.org> - Physics student
>  University of Rome "Tor Vergata", ESRF Beamline BM8 - GILDA

Carlo U. Segre -- Professor of Physics
Illinois Institute of Technology
Voice: 312.567.3498            Fax: 312.567.3494
Carlo.Segre at iit.edu    http://www.iit.edu/~segre