[Ifeffit] [help] ifeffit -i = segmentation fault

Paul Fons paul-fons at aist.go.jp
Mon May 24 13:35:15 CDT 2004

Perhaps it is a good thing to ask here, if the library naming has
changed on linux as well.  Certainly on the Mac it has.  There the
dynamic library for pgplot was changed and I saw dynamic linking errors
when I tried running the latest version of horae on my home brew setup.
  In my solution, the solution was just to downgrade to the same perl
that Matt used to build the installer and now the update_horae script
works wonderfully against the binary installer version of ifeffit,
horae, and friends.

On May 24, 2004, at 8:08 PM, mauro at rulp.org wrote:

> On Mon, May 24, 2004 at 01:46:29PM -0400, Bruce Ravel wrote:
>>
>> Mauro,
>>
>> It is not clear to me why you needed to recompile everything else just
>> because you downgraded perl/Tk.  (If the problem is failed
>> dependencies in the .deb files, perhaps Carlo could be persuaded to
>> set the dependencies such that 800.024 is acceptable -- which it is).
>
> Because I got many errors from Athena and Artemis, so I decided to
> "clean".
> This was a bad idea... I know.
>
>> Problems like this usually all lall in the same category -- version
>> conflict.  Use commands like "which", "whereis" and "locate" to try to
>> figure out if you have multiple versions either of the ifeffit
>> executable or the ifeffit library.  My guess is that the new
>> executable is trying to dynamically link to an old library, or vice
>> versa.
>
> They only tell me that ifeffit is installed in /usr/local
>

> --
>   Mauro Rovezzi <mauro at rulp.org> - Physics student
>   University of Rome "Tor Vergata", ESRF Beamline BM8 - GILDA

Dr. Paul Fons
Senior Researcher
National Institute for Advanced Industrial Science & Technology
METI
Center for Applied Near-Field Optics Research (CANFOR)
AIST Central 4, Higashi 1-1-1
Tsukuba, Ibaraki JAPAN 305-8568

tel. +81-298-61-5636
fax. +81-298-61-2939