[Ifeffit] [help] ifeffit -i = segmentation fault

Bruce Ravel ravel at phys.washington.edu
Mon May 24 12:46:29 CDT 2004

Mauro,

It is not clear to me why you needed to recompile everything else just
because you downgraded perl/Tk.  (If the problem is failed
dependencies in the .deb files, perhaps Carlo could be persuaded to
set the dependencies such that 800.024 is acceptable -- which it is).

> After that I decided to recompile everything... bad idea! ifeffit-1.2.5
> recompiled fine (no errors appeared in the configure/make/make install
> process).
>
> *BUT* when I try to recompile horae-034 it crash on determining ifeffit
> version. In fact, if I run "ifeffit -i" it gives me:
>
> Segmentation fault
> (Killed, on another machine)

Problems like this usually all lall in the same category -- version
conflict.  Use commands like "which", "whereis" and "locate" to try to
figure out if you have multiple versions either of the ifeffit
executable or the ifeffit library.  My guess is that the new
executable is trying to dynamically link to an old library, or vice
versa.

 Bruce Ravel  ----------------------------------- ravel at phys.washington.edu
 Code 6134, Building 3, Room 405
 Naval Research Laboratory                          phone: (1) 202 767 2268
 Washington DC 20375, USA                             fax: (1) 202 767 4642

 Beamlines X11a, X11b, X23b
 National Synchrotron Light Source