[Ifeffit] [help] ifeffit -i = segmentation fault

mauro at rulp.org mauro at rulp.org
Mon May 24 12:20:18 CDT 2004

Hi to all,

I'm having big troubles with iFEFFIT. I have updated the systems (Linux GNU
Debian/ Testing) and I realized that version 800.025 of perl-tk was
automatically installed. After that, obviously, everything crashed with
Artemis and friends.

So I have downgraded perl-tk to 800.024 using a non standard debian package
(because the standard one requires perl-base 5.6.1 and I'm working with
perl-base 5.8.3) from here:

http://snapshot.debian.net/cgi-bin/packages.cgi

(I have used perl-tk_800.024-1.2_i386.deb)

After that I decided to recompile everything... bad idea! ifeffit-1.2.5
recompiled fine (no errors appeared in the configure/make/make install
process).

*BUT* when I try to recompile horae-034 it crash on determining ifeffit
version. In fact, if I run "ifeffit -i" it gives me:

Segmentation fault
(Killed, on another machine)

I hope someone could help me because at the moment I can do nothing! :(

Thanks,
Mauro

--
  Mauro Rovezzi <mauro at rulp.org> - Physics student
  University of Rome "Tor Vergata", ESRF Beamline BM8 - GILDA