[Ifeffit] that didn't take long...

Bruce Ravel ravel at phys.washington.edu
Fri May 21 11:55:18 CDT 2004

Hi,

Once again a serious bug has cropped up in artemis within 24 hours of
a new release.  Sigh... I'm pretty good at the first 95% of making a
new release, but I seem to suck at the last 5%!  ;-(

The problem this time is in trying to do the background corefinement.
If you click on the "Fit background" button, the fit will run to
completion but the log file will not be written.  Fortunately, the fix
is extremely simple.  I will post a new source code tarball by the end
of the day.  I will also try to get a new executable built so that the
windows updater can be updated.

Until then, you should consider background corefinement to be broken.

Thanks go to Gleb Pokrovski for pointing this out (as well as racing
out to try the new version!).

 Bruce Ravel  ----------------------------------- ravel at phys.washington.edu
 Code 6134, Building 3, Room 405
 Naval Research Laboratory                          phone: (1) 202 767 2268
 Washington DC 20375, USA                             fax: (1) 202 767 4642

 Beamlines X11a, X11b, X23b
 National Synchrotron Light Source